Wednesday, December 1, 2010

why

I am writing my story, with the help of a daily journal my mom kept, of my time battling Cancer.  As a registered nurse, my mom wrote the journal from a medical perspective and not from an emotional one.  It was used by her daily to track my progress and to have a quick reference for success or failure of my treatment. 

My perspective is of course much different and from a seven to nine year old.  Before I begin to forget aspects of this battle we went through together, I better write it down now.  I hope it helps explain to my children how this shaped who I am and gives them a new appreciation for their grandma and the kind of mother she was to me.

Everything started in Billings, Montana on the morning of January 12, 1981...   

No comments:

Post a Comment